My name is Sylvia, feel free to check out my resume below! My career goal is to be a graphic designer with expertise in assessing design needs, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and using design software to create compelling, branded visuals in a fast-paced environment.
My career so far...
San José Environmental Services
A government department that leads Climate Smart San José and manages garbage and recycling services with 500 employees serving the city of San Jose’s 900,000+ residents.
Jan 2022–May 2022
Collaborated with a team of 5 to design advertising campaigns and produce digital illustrations, diagrams, infographics/ charts, motion graphics, edited photos, branding, and other collaterals. Discussed goals, audience, and design criteria with key stakeholders.
- Initiated collaborative communication process between marketing, communications, and other staff which sped-up project turnaround from 6 months to 3 weeks per project (or less).
- Designed visual content for 15+ advertising campaigns promoting water conservation, recycling, garbage collection, and legal dumping for San Jose residents.
- Designs were displayed in social media/blog posts, large digital screens (television, stadium/mall displays), signage/posters, billboards, presentation slides, mail prints (flyers/postcards/letters/notice slips/brochures), bin stickers, invitations, Zoom backgrounds, event merchandise/product prints, and bus wraparounds.
Graphic Design Intern
Jan 2020–Jan 2022
- Designed original illustrations to accommodate quick turnaround times and helped eliminate scrap/rework by providing Photoshopped image mockups.
- Ensured government files complied with ADA’s accessible design standards, using Word and Acrobat.
Excellent Education, LLC
After-school tutoring startup specializes in nationwide after-school tutoring, SAT preparation, and college application for K-9 to K-12 students.
Remote Graphic Design Intern
Aug 2019–Oct 2019
- Created branding graphics, promotional materials, presentation slides, and other marketing collateral for this startup tutoring service.
- Established and maintained consistent graphic design elements including layout, typography, color scheme, hierarchy, and logo use.